Festive Makeup Picks // #12DaysOfSweetAsMae

December 15, 2015



Hey guys! With only 9 days till Christmas I'm trying my best to pack in some good Christmas posts before 12 Days Of Sweet As Mae ends! So for Day 8 of 12 Days Of Sweet As Mae I decided to post something I've never done before - a makeup look! But it's got a twist. Since I'm an anonymous blog, I can't show my face. So I'm going to attempt to just go through and talk about the makeup look without properly showing it! So it's more of a makeup look picks/products, if you get what I mean :)
Also a quick disclaimer, I'm not in any way a qualified makeup guru so don't take any of my tips too seriously, I'm just here to share my experiences. I'm gonna stop rambling and just start!

The overall makeup look is subtle contouring, brown on the eyes with a hint of gold and of course a red lip. I'm going to go through each product and how I used it, so let's begin . . .




Clinique Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturiser:

You guys may have seen me rave about about this product in my November Favourites (Check it out here), and I am still loving it! I love it so much I think I'm going to do a proper review in January ♥ Anyway, this product acts as my foundation, so I applied it first. I used a basic cameo foundation brush to apply and blend this onto my skin. This product gives your skin an even, smooth finish and reduces redness. Tip: Apply your foundation in thin layers, don't cake it all on at once.



Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer, Shade 01 Fair

I have done an in depth review of this product (See that post here), and this is my holy grail concealer right now! I apply this after my foundation, and although some people disagree, here's why: the foundation takes away the initial redness of any blemishes and can cover them completely. I find all I need is a very small amount of concealer to give any spots I have a smooth even finish. This way I'm not thickly applying concealer and then thickly applying foundation over that, so in the long run I'm saving money by not wasting my concealer! And too much product could irritate your spots and increase breakouts.




Elf Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder

I haven't had much experience in contour, but I'm very impressed with this powder set! After watching tutorials I knew I wanted to give contouring a go, and this palette was affordable and the colours looked lovely. I was right to chose this palette! The pigmentation of both powders are amazing, and they are easy to blend into your skin. The bronzer is a medium brown shade, I like the colour with a tan but I would say it's too dark for me in Winter when I'm more pale. The blush colour is really pretty, it's got a slight shimmer that's really subtle and the shade is a peachy pale pink. There are a few different shades avaliable, and this one is called St Lucia. The colour is very warm toned so it's perfect for Summer. This palette works well for this look because it gives you a subtle natural contour and colour so it doesn't draw attention away from the eyes or lips.



L.A Colours Eye shadow Palette

I love this palette, it's a beautiful array of 5 eye shadow colours that are all shimmery nudes and golds. The pigmentation is awesome, the gold shade first on the left especially is an amazing shade! These are pretty easy to blend, but the formulation could be smoother. But L.A Colours is a drugstore brand, so you get what you pay for. It's a decent palette though, and gives a great gold eye for a Christmas party.



L.A Colours Brow/Eyeliner Pencil

I use this pencil to draw a cute cat flick to my eye. I feel like cat flicks make a real difference to your makeup look. When I add a cat flick I feel like the length and thickness can change whether your look is dressy or casual. This is your average eyeliner pencil, it's quite good and it's affordable. I'm not very familiar with the qualifications for a good eyeliner pencil either though, so you might want to read more in depth reviews. 



Maybelline Define-A-Lash Mascara

I have been experimenting with different mascaras recently, and this is the one I'm testing out at the moment. It seems to be working well, it doesn't clump and it gives a great coverage. But I don't really have a lot of experience with mascaras so I don't really know what the qualifications are for a good mascara! 



Jordana Lipstick 105 in Radiant Red

I feel like the Jordana brand is hugely underrated. It's a drugstore U.S.A brand that is sold internationally, and their selection of products is amazing considering the affordability! The lipsticks are my favourites, the colour pay off is great and the formulation is creaming, so they don't dry out your lips too much. Plus each lipstick smells so nice! I don't know about you, but I like a nice smelling lip product! The red lip pulls this whole look together, and this is a perfect bright Christmassy red. Tip: Always apply a lip balm before the lipstick so your lips won't dry out. This also makes the lipstick last longer.





I hope you guys enjoyed reading about my top festive picks for a Christmas Party makeup look. I love trying out new makeup looks and I found this post so much fun to write! Even though my blog is partly beauty I have never done a post like this, so I hope you like this post. See you guys next time for Day 9 of 12 Days Of Sweet As Mae!

Last #12DaysOfSweetAsMae : Body Shop Christmas Goodies

Clinique Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturiser
Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer
Elf Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder
L.A Colours Eye Shadow Palette
Maybelline Define-A-Lash Mascara
Jordana Lipstick 105 Radiant Red

What are your staple festive makeup picks?



Stay Sweet,

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe