March Favourites // Sweet As Mae

April 03, 2016


Hey guys! I can't believe it's April already! This year is just going too fast for me, it's only two weeks until the end of Term 1 at my school which is crazy. But that's good because it means holidays and more blog posts for you guys ♥ So today I'm just going to talk you through my favourites items/products in March as per usual for my monthly favourites. Let's begin!




1. MOR Lip Silk, Belladonna, NZ $27

I got this last Christmas and I remember being so excited because I adore MOR products, they are a little pricey but the quality is unbelievable. The formula of this is really unique, it's like a lip balm texture and feel because it's really hydrating, but it gives a lovely subtle tint and sheen. You can wear it over lipstick but I love wearing it on it's own when I want a my-lips-but-better product. The packaging is stunning, it comes in a mini cardboard purse and the actual product is in this thin little flip up box type thing. Worst description but it's hard to explain haha! The photos give away enough! It comes in four different scents and this is the Belladonna scent which is probably my favourite. It literally smells like candy and marshmallows and everything great mushed together in one dream product. I love this!



2. Maybelline Define-A-Lash Mascara, Very Black, NZ $27.99

You may remember this from my Festive makeup pics back in December last year (12 Days Of Sweet As Mae, see that post here). I didn't give much info on my thoughts of this mascara back then, because I didn't wear mascara much and had no experience with mascara formulas. Now that I've tried more mascaras and wear mascara daily, I LOVE THIS STUFF! It glides on so smoothly and I don't find myself having to rake through clumped eyelashes. It gives great length and opens up my eyes so much, the length is insane! It doesn't give a ton of volume but since I wear this to school I prefer more length than volume so it suits my preference! You can build it up for thicker lashes but it's definitely more suited to people who love really long eyelashes. 



3. Eyelash Curlers, The Body Shop, NZ $12.75

Eyelash curlers are definitely a product you should invest in. You can get them for a ton of different prices and from various brands but these ones from The Body Shop are just your standard eyelash curlers. They help with mascara application so much and also separate your lashes well even before your mascara is applied. They're really affordable and useful!



4. Taylor Swift Wonderstruck Perfume, NZ $55 50ml

I've probably mentioned this in a monthly faves before but I don't even care because this perfume, is literally the most beautiful scent EVER. At least in my opinion ahaha! It's just so perfect for my age, it's quite sweet and spicy and a nice young scent. The bottle is also beautiful, and the little charms are just the icing on the cake for me. I can't recommend this enough! I got this perfume for my birthday last year (See my Birthday Haul post here), I've used it so many times and I swear it hasn't gone down at all. Plus it lasts for ages, so it ticks all the boxes for me! 



5. Justin Bieber

I meant to mention Biebs in my last monthly faves, because I've been obsessed with him since What Do You Mean was released. Not much to say, I love his music and I'm sure you do too! Plus you can't resist his adorable hair and abs can you? I'm so impressed with his comeback, his songs are amazing and his album Purpose has been on repeat for me for ages! Love Yourself has got to be my favourite song :)



6. Not If I See You First by Eric Lindstrom, NZ $23.99

I bought this book back when I was in Ohope (see my Summer Diary post here) in January and read it in a couple of days it was so good. I kept wanting to mention it but never found the right post, but I'm finally giving it a shoutout because it was such a lovely story! It's about a girl called Parker who is blind and both her parents died in different ways. She's a stubborn girl who struggles with trust because of her blindness and traumatic childhood, and she reunites with a boy who broke her heart years before. The story is about how she learns to trust again and not avoid her past. That's probably the crappiest description but trust me, if you love cute stories with a few sad parts, drama and romance then you will love this book. Highly highly rate this book!



7. Little Affirmations So French Quotes, NZ $20

These are adorable little quotes that sit in a cute little wooden holder, and every so often when you're feeling like an inspirational quote you just take one from the back and read it. The quotes are all so lovely and French inspired. Plus they look super cute on my desk haha!


So that's about it for today guys, I hope you enjoyed my March faves. Remember to leave me a little comment below and I'll talk to you next week! Love you guys x

What's you're fave of March?


Stay Sweet, 
post signature

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe