USA Diary: Grand Canyon Dreams

August 05, 2016


July 7th, 2016

Hello Sweeties! I'm going to continue my USA diaries because I know some of you are interested in my shots from the states and what I did over there, but I'm going to post them in big bulks so I can get back into my normal posts asap. Because these posts aren't for everyone, which is absolutely fine but I want to make sure everyone is happy with my blog content :) 



Today was the day of our helicopter tour to the Grand Canyon! Got up pretty early and drove to the take off building. But it wasn't just any drive - we went in a limousine! A big, sleek and shiny limousine. Not gonna lie I felt like Kim K in the limo driving through Vegas!




Once we arrived we watched the safety briefing and got all set up for take off it was time to go! The helicopter wasn't the roomiest thing in the world and it was so hot! We had a few teeny tiny air vents but they weren't exactly cooling us down! But for the trip to the canyon none of that mattered, because the views were on another level! We flew over the Hoover Dam and saw some stunning sights  - but 'll let the pictures do the talking! 




We did an awesome 180 degree swoop through the canyon which was probably the coolest experience of my life so far! After flying in between the rocks we came to land on the floor of the canyon. I thought the helicopter was hot until we got in the canyon! You could barely breath it was so hot. But again it really didn't bother me because it was so insane. When you hear about a place so many times you can never imagine what it will be like in real life. The Grand Canyon was out of this world, and I'm serious when I say although my photos give you an idea you can't capture it's amazing-ness in an image. After snapping some shots for Instagram we sat down under a little shaded area and we were given little picnic baskets with lunch inside. They were so cute, little packaged chocolate chip cookies, apple slices, filled rolls and sodas. It was unreal to think I was having a picnic in the Grand Canyon. 



The Grand Canyon was crazy - here's me in comparison of size!




The helicopter trip back was so lovely, really relaxing too. We took a little detour and flew through the Vegas city on the way back which was really cool! If you ever get the chance I highly recommend you go, the helicopter felt so safe and it wasn't shaky or jolty in the slightest. 




Once back at our hotel we had a little relax before some more shopping at the Fshion Show Mall - I went to Sephora for the first time, AHHHH! It was so overwhelming I didn't know what to do with myself!I also tried a Cheesecake on a stick from a little Kiosk in the mall, which was delicious. 




That evening my mum, sister and I went to the "Show Stoppers" show in our hotel, which for a dancer was amazing to watch. Stunning costumes and the choreography was so creative. Vegas has made a good impression :)




Where do you want to travel to?


Stay Sweet,
post signature

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe